When I came to say it was late afternoon, I think. Time in there no longer existed. I have met in the hallway. A winter afternoon with the neon lit. Or maybe an afternoon with the long pink sunset that left a trail of tired light. "We're going on a trip to Amsterdam, are you from?" Travolta. I did not know what to say. Because for a while 'I was out of the classroom, out of time out for myself. Bundled up in thick sweaters. The decision could be lost but I still did not know. The superior authority who had taken power of decision for me and my parents said No. So Amsterdam was the journey that I never did. The journey that you can not do. The train lost the opportunity to escape or molto di più, ciò che non ha potuto esistere. Asterdam è la mia adolescenza perduta, la mia adolescenza in ostaggio. Avevo 19 anni. Al loro ritorno mi hanno portato una T-Shirt, il loro pezzo di Amsterdam da regalarmi, l'ombra della vita non vissuta rimasta per una beffa del destino attaccata al muro. Una T-Shirt larghissima, dentro cui mi perdevo. Color carta da zucchero, con una scritta multicolori, Amsterdam appunto, e una bicicletta dello stesso colore della scritta. Questa è Amsterdam per me. Una maglia che non ho mai indossato ma che custodisco gelosamente nell'armadio perchè è una traccia indelebile del passato, dell'inesistenza a cui mi sono obbligata. Non ci sono tornata, Amsterdam è ancora il viaggio che non ho mai fatto. And 'the decision have not been able to take. Why in the face of having all that freedom, all that power, the power to be an ordinary person who goes to a stupid high school trip in fibrillation, I said no. Yet Amsterdam is a transgression, I also know my grandmother. There is sex, drugs, dispensed like candy at all. There are houses colorful, happy paintings overflowing with bicycles and color of the Impressionists. The madness of Van Gogh, his starry night, the bulbs of tulips, windmills. The people who look at random. The hallucinogenic mushrooms and if you want to get serious, and acid tablets and much more. There are Erasmus and music, rave and dance clubs Tecno. Amsterdam is the luna park della vita, dove puoi dimenticare chi sei, e io sono una specialista in questo, molto più che in qualsiasi altra città del mondo. Amsterdam era davvero un'occasione perchè se non la vedi quando sei adolescente, non la vedrai mai più. Solo allora rappresenta la vetrina colorata che ti promette una psichedelia di desideri da lasciarti tramortito. E anche se devi fare il bravo liceale in gita con i prof martiri di turno, lo sanno tutti che passerai la sera nei Coffee Shop a stordirti di fumo o in discoteca fino al mattino, sgusciando fuori dall'albergo con le lenzuola annodate. E il giorno dopo visiterai le mostre come uno zombie, ravvivandoti solo davanti alla prospettiva di un'altra notte di follia. Amsterdam è il balocco d'Europa, is the city of the joints, where disasters combined, the city of sleeping bags and Interrail. Not for me, no. Amsterdam for me is only what was not. And that will never be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment